Asparagus with Shrimp Hollandaise is a great dish for an entree or as a main or side dish. The German recipe is using crab butter and I could not find it to purchase but it is not difficult to make it. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients White Asparagus Shrimp Hollandaise Sauce
1kg white asparagus
1/8 liter asparagus water (the water from boiling)
Sauce Hollandaise – Find the recipe How to make it –
100 g butter
25 g crab butter (see recipe below)
100 g fresh shrimps
Cooking Instructions White Asparagus Shrimp Hollandaise Sauce
– Prepare and boil asparagus; make sauce Hollandaise per instructions and use the asparagus water for the package.
– Add butter and crab butter to sauce bit by bit.
– Pour lemon juice over shrimps and add to sauce, don’t bring the sauce to a boil.
Pour sauce over asparagus and serve hot.
How to make Crab Butter (Krebsbutter)
125 g butter
75 g crab meat, chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
salt, pepper, paprika powder (sweet) to taste
– Have butter for some time at room temperature so it is soft; then beat foamy, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly
– Place butter on aluminum foil and form to a roll, place for 2 hours in the fridge until it is firm.