The Vegetarian zucchini potato soup is perfect for vegetarians; it's an authentic German recipe. It is the best when using organic ingredients or even better, with ingredients from your own garden. This soup is easy to make and great for cooking beginners. If you like meat use beef or chicken broth as an alternative. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Vegetarian Zucchini Potato Soup
2 small-medium sized zucchini, organic
2-3 smaller potatoes
1 medium sized onion
2 tbsp sunflower or canola oil
750 ml vegetable broth - How to make Vegetable Broth -
(alternatively use instant broth with water per instructions)
2 tbsp pine nuts (pignolias)
2 tbsp dill, fresh
4 tsp creme fraiche (optional) or sour cream
salt, pepper, curry (optional) to taste
Cooking Instructions Vegetarian Zucchini Potato Soup
- Wash zucchini, cut off ends. Grate or peel off the skin of one zucchini and set aside.
- Cut other zucchini is rough cubes.
- Peel onion and chop fine.
- Heat oil in a bigger pot. Saute onions, potato and zucchini for some minutes.
- Spice to taste.
- Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat a bit, let cook for about 15 min.
- Brown pine nuts a bit in a pan without grease, let cool off.
- Chop dill fine.
- With a stick mixer puree soup.
- Mix in pine nuts, grated zucchini and dill. Spice if necessary
Serve the soup with 1 tsp of creme fraiche or sour cream. Sprinkle with some grated zucchini and pine nuts.