The Vegetable Meatballs Stew is one of these wonderful German Eintopf dishes – cook everything in one pot! You can vary the dish by adding sausages instead of meatballs. Just fry the ground beef. This way it is even easier to make. But we like this stew with meatballs. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Vegetable Meatballs Stew
300 g ground beef
1/2 roll or 1 slice bread
2 small onions
1 lb carrots
1 celery stalk
4 potatoes, medium
salt, nutmeg, pepper to taste
bread crumbs (optional)
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
750 ml vegetable broth (instant) or water
Cooking Instructions Vegetable Meatballs Stew
Make the Meat Balls
– Soak bread in water, squeeze so all water is removed.
– Mix ground beef with salt and pepper, egg and bread.
– Knead well and form small meatballs. Roll them in breadcrumbs if you like.
– Chop carrots, celery in small cubes.
– Peel potatoes and cut in small cubes.
– Chop onions and fry in some oil, add meatballs and brown them briefly.
– Add broth, vegetable and potatoes.
– Let simmer for at least 45 min on low heat.
– Spice with salt and pepper to taste.
– Add chopped parsley before serving.