Nice German vegetable recipe - German Vegetable Lasagne contains many different vegetables, topped with mozzarella and a creamy cheese sauce. It is the perfect party food. The original recipe is Italian but nevertheless, this is the German version.
Ingredients German Vegetable Recipe Lasagne (serves 4)
250 g pre-cooked lasagne leaves
For the Filling
500 g fresh or canned chopped tomatoes
2 bunches parsley
250 g mozzarella
2 tbsp olive oil
450 g frozen vegetable or fresh (zucchini, pepper, carrots, celery, etc)
1 tbsp dry oregano
For the Sauce
60 g butter, 60 g flour, 3/4 l milk, 1 tbsp instant vegetable broth, 100 g grated parmigiano cheese
Cooking Instructions German Vegetable Recipe Lasagne
- Fresh tomatoes: dip them in boiling water, so you can peel them; cut them in cubes. Use canned tomatoes as is. Chop onions fine; wash parsley and chop it fine; let mozzarella drip, then cut it into cubes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry onions until transparent; add frozen vegetable - fresh vegetable: cut it in small cubes or slices; saute vegetable for 5 minutes; add oregano, salt and pepper; let it cool off.
- Melt butter in a pan; add the flour and fry it until you get a light golden yellow color; add milk slowly, stir until sauce is smooth. Add the broth and let it simmer covered for 5 minutes. Then mix in parmigiano cheese.
- Use a flat fire proof form and cover the bottom with some sauce; then place the lasagne leaves, on top the vegetable and mozzarella cubes, complete with sauce. Then another layer of lasagne leaves, vegetable, mozzarella, sauce, and so on until the form is full. End with a sauce and mozzarella.
- Place lasagne in the cold oven and bake it for 45 minutes on 220 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
Enjoy it with green lettuce.