Delicious and easy to make Veal Baguette Snack combining sliced veal, mozzarella cheese and cream cheese on a piece of fresh French baguette. If you want use frozen baguettes.
Place it under the broiler until the mozzarella is melted. Enjoy it as a snack or main dish served with your favorite salad. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Veal Baguette Snack
4 small baguette (fresh or frozen)
300 g mozzarella cheese
2 spring onions
4 medium sized tomatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
600 g sliced veal
salt, pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped basil
300 g cream cheese with herbs
or plain cream cheese and added herbs
Cooking Instructions Veal Baguette Snack
- Pat mozzarella dry and cut in thin slices.
- Between 2 layers of kitchen paper let remaining liquid drip.
- Slice tomatoes and spring onions.
- If using frozen baguette bake it per instructions; cut fresh and ready baked baguette in half (vertical).
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry onions on medium heat for 3 minutes; take onions out.
- Fry half of the slices veal in the same skillet on high heat.
- Remove from skillet.
- Proceed the same with remaining veal.
- Mix veal and onions in the skillet.
- Spice with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop basil and add it to the veal.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Spread cream cheese on each baguette halves and place tomatoes on top.
- Add veal and sprinkle it with mozzarella.
- Gratin the first 4 baguettes for 3-5 minutes, and serve it right away.
- Proceed the same way with remaining baguette halves.