Do you like pumpkin recipes? If so you will like this Pumpkin soup from Italy, the region of Tuscany. We love the recipe despite the fact that it is an Italian recipe. In Germany we love Italian food a lot. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Tuscan Pumpkin Soup
4 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
500 g pumpkin meat
2 medium sized potatoes
1 l vegetable broth
100 g fresh spinach leaves
150 g rice
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
pumpkin seeds, roasted
Cooking Instructions Tuscan Pumpkin Soup
– Boil rice.
– Chop onion fine; cup pumpkin meat into cubes.
– Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
– Fry onions and pumpkin in olive oil, add potatoes.
– Add milk and broth, bring to a boil, then let it boil on low heat until pumpkin meat is soft.
– Add spinach, let it boil for another 2 minutes (low heat).
– Puree the soup through a sieve or with a stick mixer.
– Then mix the soup with the rice and bring it to a boil; if the soup is too thick add more broth.
– Spice with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and roasted pumpkin seeds.