The Turkey Stew Hunter Style, in German “Putengeschnetzeltes Jäger Art” (yes, a very difficult word to say), makes a delicious meal. It is served with Spätzle or if you like with the wide ribbon pasta.
A very famous and similar stew is the “Zurich Geschnetzeltes“ which is using sliced veal strips, white wine, and heavy cream.
Whatever ingredients you use for the ragout, everyone will enjoy it. You can vary it like no other dish. Use veal or pork, chicken or beef, add vegetable or tomato paste or use curry or heavy cream. Happy Cooking!
4 turkey breasts
300 g mushrooms
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp flour
2 tsp instant vegetable broth
200 ml heavy cream
1 tsp thyme, ground (dry) – or 2 fresh sprigs
lemon juice of 1 lemon
salt, pepper to taste
– Wash meat and pat dry, then cut in small pieces. Spice with salt, pepper and curry.
– Mix very well – Tip: place meat into a plastic bag, spice it then close bag and shake it well.
– Peel onions, wash and prepare mushrooms, slice them, chop onions.
– Heat oil in a skillet, saute onions and meat briefly; add wine and about 10 tbsp of water; mix in instant broth.
– Add mushrooms, heavy cream, thyme and lemon juice. Spice if necessary to taste.
– Let simmer until mushrooms are soft.
Serve with Spätzle or ribbon pasta – HOW TO MAKE SPÄTZLE –