If you are looking for an authentic recipe for the Traditional German Rum Balls you have found it! You don’t need special ingredients for these truffles or, as we call them in German, Rumkugeln. I can’t think of a Christmas when they were missing. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Traditional German Rum Truffles
100 g butter, very soft
300 g semi-sweet chocolate (Zartbitterschokolade), grated
2 tbsp coco powder, unsweetened
4 tbsp dark rum
chocolate streusel or sprinkle
Baking Instructions Traditional German Rum Truffles
- Combine soft butter, grated chocolate, cocoa and rum.
- Mix well until you get a smooth dough.
- Form balls of diameter 2cm (1 inch).
- Turn each ball in chocolate streusel or if you need to substitute, use cocoa.
- Refrigerate for several hours. And keep cool until Christmas.
Get these Truffles in the German Christmas Box