Do you love garlic? If yes, you will love this German soup. The Thuringia style garlic soup is from the German region Thuringia or “Thüringen” – wonderful region in the middle towards the North of Germany. In German we call this soup “Knoblauchsuppe”.
Grlic is healthy and when you remove the green part inside the clove the typical smell that many people don’t like, won’t be so intense. You can use a a garlic press and when the clove is pressed through you can remove the the green part inside easily. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Thuringia Style Garlic Soup
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil, (optional) 1 small peperonchini (sweet, light green pepper)
2 tbsp instant vegetable broth,
1 cup water
3 tbsp white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream or creme fraiche
salt, pepper to taste
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Cooking Instructions Thuringia Style Garlic Soup
– Peel garlic cloves and chop finely, pepperoni as well.
– Saute peperoncini in olive oil, then add garlic, fry for 2 minutes.
– Add the water, mix well, then combine with instant broth and wine.
– Spice with salt and pepper, bring it to a brisk boil, reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
– Add heavy cream.
– Let soup simmer for another 2 minutes.
– Chop parsley finely and sprinkle it over the soup.
Serve with fresh bread.