The Sweet German Milk Rolls are very easy to make and are great for the breakfast or brunch table.
It's an Authentic German Recipe using yeast. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Sweet German Milk Rolls
500 g wheat flour, all purpose
1 cube fresh yeast or 1 package dry yeast
500 ml milk (not low-fat)
500 g flour, all purpose
150 g sugar
50 g butter
16 g salt
Baking Instructions Sweet German Milk Rolls
- Dissolve yeast in milk, add to flour, make a pre-dough.
- Let rise at a warm place, covered with cloth, until dough has doubled (up to 1 hour).
- Add remaining ingredients, knead with kneading hooks until you get a smooth dough.
- Let raise for another 30 min.
- Knead dough with hands on a floured surface.
- Form rolls (each about 80g).
- Place on baking tray layered with parchment paper.
- Brush milk on top of each roll.
- Pre-heat oven to 390 F.
- Before baking rolls cut them in the middle, brush again milk on it.
- Bake for about 15 min. Attention: they brown fast! Move grid on a lower level if they are already brown before the end of baking time.