The sweet German bread “Einback” is very popular in Germany and you can buy it in many bakeries. The best is the crust. It is soft inside but the crust is a little bit crunchy. It is not comparable with the sweet bread that you find in US supermarkets wrapped in plastic. Try it out and you will be surprised! Happy Baking!
500 g flour
75 g sugar
75 g butter
150 ml milk
1 cube fresh yeast (42 g) or 1 package dry yeast
1 egg yolk
German Baking is fun – You just Need all Ingredients!
Baking Instructions Sweet German Bread Einback
- Melt butter, warm milk.
- Dissolve yeast in milk.
- Make a dough with all ingredients, knead very well. Cover dough and let raise to double amount.
- Knead dough again and make little pieces. The pieces should be about 50g and you should be able to roll 3 inches long rolls.
- Place these rolls next to each other on a baking tray layered with parchment paper. The rolls should touch each other while the dough is raising again for 20 min.
- Beat egg yolk and with a baking brush spread all over the rolls.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on 350 F for 20-25 min.
Tip: If you don’t like egg white left overs, use for the dough 1 while egg and the egg white of the other egg.