The Sunflower Seed Bread is an easy recipe even for baking beginners. There is nothing better than home made bread. No chemicals, and you can add what you like best. Spelt flour is a good alternative for wheat. This German bread recipe is proven and from Germany. I am sure you will love it. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Sunflower Seed Bread
500 g flour (wheat or spelt flour), unbleached and not enriched
1 package dry yeast (read instructions, normally 500 g flour is for 1 packet)
50 g sunflower seeds, whole, hulled
50 g flax seeds, whole
1 tbsp salt
0,5 l warm water
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp apple vinegar
Baking Instructions Sunflower Seed Bread
– Mix all dry ingredients, then add the oil and vinegar.
– Dissolve yeast in warm water and add to the dough. Mix well.
– You can add whole or roughly chopped almonds or hazelnuts as well if you like. The dough is liquid, but this is okay. No worries.
– Layer the form with a big sheet of baking paper first.
– Pour dough into a rectangle baking pan (size: length 13-15 inches) or use 2 smaller ones.
– Bake in pre-heated oven for 60 min on 350 F.
– Let cool off before removing the bread from the pan.