This Streusel Cake with Plum butter (Pflaumenmus in German) is an easy German cake that even beginners will be manage successfully. If you don’t have plum butter here is the recipe to make it – Go to Recipe – or get it from the LoveGermanFood shop But you can also use different jams like apricot, red currant or raspberry.
Plum Butter of Pflaumenmus is been used in many German cakes and pastries. This Streusel Cake will be a great addition for your Kaffee und Kuchen table on Sunday! Happy Baking!
600 g plum butter
450 g creme fraiche
2 packages vanilla sugar, 0.3oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
– Melt butter and let cool off.
– Mix sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a big bowl; add 2 eggs and butter, make streusel out of it.
– Layer a baking tray with parchment paper or grease it.
– Pre-heat oven.
– Place plum butter in a 1 quart plastic bag, make knot on top.
– Mix creme fraiche, vanilla sugar and eggs until it is creamy and smooth.
– Press 2/3 of the dough gently into a deep baking tray; this makes the cake base.
– Spread cream on top.
– Cut a corner off the bag with the plum butter and place plum butter blots on the cream; add remaining streusel on top.
– Bake for 30 min on 350 F.
Let cool off on a baking grid, then cut in triangles and dust with powdered sugar.