There are moments in life where you don’t have time for a four course menu, especially after a working day. We want to show you that cooking does not have to be time consuming with the dish spicy shrimps with ham.
Here is a recipe which is a great alternative to fast food. You can make it in less than 20 minutes! The spicy shrimps have on top less calories, and it is a light meal with some good protein. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Spicy Shrimp with Ham
200 g Basmati rice (long grain rice)
salt to taste, 2 mini red pepper
1 garlic clove
150 g leek
150 g cooked ham (one piece)
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
cayenne pepper or chili spice
20 g butter
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
150 g shrimps (fresh, frozen or canned)
Cooking Instructions Spicy Shrimps with Ham
1. Boil the rice per instructions.
2. Cut pepper in 4 pieces, then remove seeds, chop into small cubes; peel garlic and chop it fine; Cut leek ion thin slices; cut ham into small cubes.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet, and fry pepper and ham briskly on high temperature. Add leek and fry it briskly too. When rice is done pour it through a strainer and together with garlic, sweet paprika and chili powder, add it to the skillet.
4. Add butter, let boil for another 3 minutes; add salt to taste.
5. Chop parsley, add together with shrimps to the rice.
6. Mix everything and bring it to a brisk boil; serve it right away.