Spaghetti Ice cream is popular all over Germany and you can get it in every ice cream parlor (Eisdiele in German and Gelateria in Italian) in Germany. The first ice cream parlor was opened 1668 in Paris by the Sicilian Francesco Procopio de Coltelli who used to be the cook of Ludwig XIV in Paris. There are about 4000 ice cream parlors throughout Germany and 3000 are run by Italians. The parlors used to be open only during summer and closed in winter but this has changed. Many of the Italians who came to Germany in the 50s and 60s are now living for good in Germany and it is also the next generation who takes care of the business. If you have a Spaetzle press or a potato ricer you can make the spaghetti ice cream at home. Happy Cooking!
If you like to know how many ice cream parlors are in Cologne Follow this Link …
Ingredients Spaghetti Ice Cream
2 tbsp sugar
100 ml heavy cream
12 scoops vanilla ice cream (900ml)
2 tbsp white chocolate grated
wafers for decoration
Instructions Spaghetti Ice Cream
- Wash strawberries, remove green part. Keep some for decoration.
- Cut in pieces, sprinkle sugar over them, let sit for about 30 min.
- Puree berries with a stick mixer.
- Beat heavy cream until firm, place on 4 plates.
- Squeeze 3 scoops ice cream per serving through the press onto the whipped cream.
- Pour strawberry sauce on top and finally grate some white chocolate on top (represents the Parmesan cheese!).
- Decorate with a wafer.
In Germany they sell a special press for spaghetti ice cream. We found an online place that sells them … READ MORE…