Schnitzel with Camembert is a great German dish for dinner and is easy to make. I am not sure where the recipe comes from but this combination of schnitzel, ham Camembert and a Bechamel sauce is very good. Try it out. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients (serves 8)
8 pork schnitzel
salt, grated pepper
2-3 tbsp flour
4 tbsp oil
4 slices cooked ham
125 g Camembert
8 tsp cranberries or lingon berries
50 g butter
40 g flour
500 ml heavy cream
250 ml vegetable or beef broth (instant)
1 tsp mustard
mushrooms, fresh or can
- Wash the meat, and pat dry; you can pound it a little; spice with salt and pepper. Turn in flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry Schnitzel briefly on all sides. Place the Schnitzel in a fire proof form.
- Cur sliced ham in half, cut Camembert in slices.
- Place first ham then cheese on the Schnitzel, then on top 1 tsp cranberries.
- Melt butter, add flour and while stirring saute flour until light golden, then add heavy cream and broth bit by bit while stirring. Whisk very well so you won’t get clumps. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 4-5 min.
- Add mustard, spice with salt and pepper, add mushrooms (wash, clean and slice fresh ones).
Pour the sauce over the meat and bake it in the oven (not pre-heated) for about 35 min on 320-350 F.
Serve with pasta, fried potatoes or fresh bread.