Do you know savoy cabbage? It is a vegetable that is very popular in Germany and it can be used for many dishes. Today we let you know how to make the savoy cabbage potato puree. It tastes delicious with sausages and mustard. Happy Cooking!
750 g potatoes (Russet)
salt, pepper to taste
1 smaller savoy cabbage
1 small onion
1 big tomato (optional)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
12 small Nuremberg sausages
150 ml milk
grated nutmeg to taste
– Peel potatoes, cut in pieces.
– Boil potatoes until soft.
– Remove hard parts from savoy cabbage
– Cut cabbage in stripes, place in sieve and wash under running water. Let drain.
– Chop onion fine.
– Heat butter in a pan, add onion and cabbage. Saute for 2-3 min. Add 100ml water. Let simmer for 10 min on low heat.
– Spice with salt and pepper.
– Chop tomato in very small cubes.
– Heat oil in a pan and fry sausages for 5-6 min.
– Drain potatoes, mash them, add milk.
– Combine potatoes with cabbage and tomato (if you use tomato).
– Spice as needed with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Serve with German mustard.