Ingredients Savoy Cabbage Beef Roll
2-3 big savoy cabbage leaves
1 roll, 1-2 days old or 1 slice bread
500 g ground beef
salt, pepper, mild paprika powder to taste
200 g cooked ham, thin slices
Cooking Instruction Savoy Cabbage Beef Roll
- Remove the leaves from the cabbage, cook them for 5 min in water with some salt.
- Soak bred/roll in warm water. Squeeze all water from the bread.
- Combine meat with eggs, spices and roll, mix well (best with hands).
- Take 2 sheets parchment paper. On one sheet place the meat, flatten it with hands a bit.Place other sheet on top and with a dough roller flatten the meat to a rectangle form. Should there be some wholes in the meat, fill them with meat from the edges.
- Place ham slices on top, then add savoy cabbage leaves.
- Now roll it towards you, the parchment paper helps ONLY to roll. At the end the roll should be still on the paper, that you place on a baking tray.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 1 hour on 400 F (200C).
- Cut in slices and serve it with your favorite side dishes like mashed or fried potatoes and a salad.
The meat roll tastes great cold as well. You can also use it for a cold buffet.
The video shows how to make a spinach-feta meat roll but you can see very well how they roll it.