Ingredients Rumtopf Fruit Pot Ruedesheim Style
Use a 3-4 liter stoneware, earthenware or china pot, or a jar. Choose either a variety of different fruits or just one kind.
Fruit to use:
Strawberries, gooseberries, cherries, apricots, peaches, plums, damsons, mirabelles, pears, oranges, mandarin oranges, or pineapple – fresh, frozen or canned. Preferably fresh fruit.
Instructions Rumtopf Fruit Pot Ruedesheim Style
– Wash fresh, ripe fruit and dry on a tea towel or absorbent paper.
– Drain canned fruit well.
– Fill the container with 600 g of fruit, 400 g of sugar and a 0.7 l bottle of Asbach Uralt.
– Add more fruit depending on the season, sugar and Asbach Uralt in the same ratio until the container is full, stir carefully from time to time.
– Store in a cool, dry, dark place until fall or winter. Christmas is the perfect time to enjoy the original Rüdesheim fruit pot.
Recipe Ideas to use the Rumtopf Fruit Pot Ruedesheim Style
- As a dessert: Serve Rüdesheim fruit in a glass dish with ice-cream and a whipped-cream topping.
- As the crème de la crème: Rüdesheim fruit makes puddings and creams just perfect.
- As a filling: Drain Rüdesheim fruit and use whole, finely chopped or mashed as a filling for crêpes, pancakes or omelets.
- As a sauce: Strain Rüdesheim fruit and enjoy the puree hot or cold with ice-cream, puddings or creams.
- As a flambé: Heat Rüdesheim fruit in a flambiere, douse with warm Asbach Uralt; serve flambéed on ice-cream, puddings or creams.
Find Asbach Ural brandy in special German stores, or at Bevmo, liquor liquidation, Schop Wine Direct, Total Wine and other liquor specialty stores.