Try these German Rum Pot muffins - It's a German recipe and you would need to have fruit from the rum pot, or Rumtopf in German, to make these delicious muffins.
Rumtopf is a German dessert that is served during the winter months. It is a mixture of various kinds of fruit, rum and sugar that is in a large stoneware pot (the rum pot) and will be matured for several months until the fruit is very soft and completely saturated with rum.
Making a Rumtopf is easy you just need to be patient and don't eat it before it has reached the final result after 2-3 months.
You can use many fruit for the Rumtopf - Click here to Go to the Rumtopf recipe - or make the muffins with the Ruedesheimer fruit - Go to the Ruedesheimer Rum Fruit Recipe - Happy Baking!
Ingredients Rum Pot Muffins
60 g butter
50 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar
50 g potato starch or Mondamin
70 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
125 g fruit in rum
50 g quince jelly (Gelee)
paper forms for muffins
Cooking Instructions Rum Pot Muffins
- Mix sugar, butter, vanilla sugar and egg and beat until foamy.
- Mix flour, starch and baking powder and add to dough.
- Let the fruit in rum drip and add to the dough.
- Fill forms 2/3 with dough and place on baking tray.
- Beat in pre-heated oven on 160-180 C or 375 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat quince jelly and when it is liquid (don't bring it to a boil) spread over the muffins.