For this recipe delicious Ribbon Pasta Dinner, that comes with a creamy mushroom sauce ,we are using the wide ribbon pasta because they soak up the gravy or sauce the best. If you cannot find mixed mushrooms you can also use dried morels or chanterelles. Another variation is to use fresh mushrooms instead of dried ones. It is very convenient to keep frozen parsley in the freezer which you can also use for this dish. It is perfect for a lunch or early dinner, and rather not for a late dinner as mushrooms are being digested too slowly. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Ribbon Pasta Dinner
1 dried mushroom blend about 20 g (forest style; don’t use Shitake or Chinese mushrooms)
warm purified water to soak the mushrooms
100 g brown mushrooms
1 small onion
200 g heavy cream
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt, pepper to taste
400 g ribbon pasta (Papardelle)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Cooking Instructions Ribbon Pasta Dinner
– Soak the dried mushrooms for 30 minutes in water until they are double or triple the size; take them out and drain them; keep the water for the sauce.
– Meanwhile rub the mushrooms with a damp cloth clean; cut them in thin slices; peel onion and chop it finely.
– Heat oil in a big skillet, add mushrooms, dried mushrooms and onions, and saute it while stirring until the onions are transparent.
– Pour alternating the soaking water and heavy cream to the mushroom mix and boil it on low temperature until a creamy consistence. Spice with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep it warm.
– Boil the pasta until “al dente”; drain them thoroughly. Mix the pasta in a bowl with butter and the mushroom mix. Sprinkle it with parsley and serve it right away.