The raspberry chocolate cake is super easy to make and is a great cake for baking beginners. You can use different fruit such as blueberries or apricots. Of course fresh fruit would be the best but it works very well with frozen fruit too. This is an authentic proven German recipe. Happy Baking!
130 g sugar
1 package (0.32oz) vanilla sugar – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
150 g butter
220 g flour
10 g baking powder Dr Oetker (1 package is 14 g or 0.5oz)
250 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
75 g chocolate, dark, white or milk chocolate – as you prefer
Landjäger – Classic Meat sticks – Available on Lovegermanfood.com
– Melt the butter in a pan. Let it cool off a bit.
– For frozen berries: defrost the berries, let them thaw at room temperature in a sieve so the juice can drip (don’t use the microwave).
– Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar until bubbly.
– Add cooled off butter.
– Mix baking powder and flour and add spoon by spoon to dough.
– Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
– Chop the chocolate.
– Combine raspberries and chopped chocolate with dough
– Grease a 26cm spring form (11 inches) and sprinkle it with flour or bread crumbs.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 350F for 45 minutes.