Crowned the official drink by King Friedrich August III of Saxony, Radeberger, a pilsner style beer brewed near Dresden, is characterized by its dazzling and refreshing taste and has long been enjoyed by German nobility. Radeberger is also the first brewery in Germany to brew beer exclusively in the Pilsner style and which still exists today. The Saxon recipe beer goulash is using this beer but of course it is not everywhere available in the USA. Alternatively use a mild beer or Pilsner like Pilsner Urquell. The Radeberger beer is distributed at the US East coast. Enjoy this delicious German dish - Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Radeberger Beer Goulash
1 kg pork or beef
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1/4 liter broth (can be instant) - How to make Vegetable Broth -
1/2 liter Pils beer (In Germany they use the beer from Radeberg)
3 tbsp dark bread, older and grated (optional)
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
4 tbsp sour cream
Cooking Instructions Radeberger Beer Goulash
- cut meat in cubes, roll the cubes in flour, chop onions.
- heat oil and saute onions with garlic until transparent, then add the meat and brown it evenly on all sides.
- spice with salt and pepper. Fill up with broth and beer, so all meat is covered.
- let simmer for 45-60 min, if liquid should evaporate fill up with more beer.
- when the meat is tender, add the bread crumbs, caraway seeds and sour cream.
Serve with mashed potatoes or Serviettenknoedel - Find the recipe for Serviettenknoedel here -