If you go to France you can find the quiche lorraine in many places. In Germany is is a popular cake too. We call it "Speckkuchen". It tastes the best when made at home. You will love this original German recipe. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Quiche Lorraine
200 g flour
100 g butter
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup heavy cream
200 g German ham or bacon
200 g grated cheese (Emmenthaler, Gruyere, Cheddar or your favorite cheese)
salt and pepper to taste
butter for the form
- Mix flour with baking powder, salt, butter and egg and knead it until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap dough in foil and place it for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Grease a quiche form with butter and form a 1 inch high border.
- Cut ham in small cubes and spread them on the dough.
- Mix eggs with heavy cream, salt and pepper and pour it over the dough.
- Add cheese on top.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven on 400 F (200 C) for 30 minutes.