Learn Step by Step How to Make Quark Easy and Fast
Pasteurized milk about 1 cup
coffee filter and paper filter
Small bowl and a glass
Lemon juicer and a spoon
Instructions Make Quark Easy and Fast
- Squeeze lemons (you need for a bowl of quark the juice of 1-2 lemons)
- Pour squeezed lemon juice into the milk.
The first part (of 2 parts) of making quark is done. The acid of the lemon will cause the milk to clot.
You will see the clotting process when you stir the milk and it will become thicker.
- Place the paper coffee filter into the filter and put it on a glass or jar.
- Pour the whole lemon-milk into the filter.
Now the second part of quark making has begun that is separating the solid from the liquid substances.
- Within some minutes you will see in the glass a clear liquid (whey) which you will not use for anything else. You can throw it away.
- After 10-15 minutes remove the quark (which is in the filter) with a spoon or just turn the filter upside down over a bowl.
Should the quark taste too much like a lemon, repeat the filtering process by pouring some water into the quark. The quark remains in the filter but the lemon juice will be in the water.
Now chop fresh chive and mix it with the quark; tastes great on pumpernickel, fresh bread or whole rye bread. Or add some fruit and jam, for a sweet taste.
It is not that difficult.
Mix some heavy cream into the quark, this makes it creamy.
Mix it with parsley, garlic, onions, cress, salt, pepper, curry or your favorite spice.
Garlic and grated fresh cucumber makes a great Greek quark named "Tzatziki".