The potato leek gratin is an authentic German recipe that you will love. It is very easy to make and you don’t need any special ingredients. Perfect for a dinner. Happy Cooking!
1 kg potatoes (preferably Gold potatoes)
1 small onion
1 cube instant vegetable broth or home made broth – How to Make Vegetable Broth –
100 g grated cheese
250 ml heavy cream
salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
– Peel potatoes, cut in thin slices.
– Make the broth per instructions, cook potatoes for 5 min in broth, then drain.
– Chop onion fine, slice leeks.
– Pre-heat oven to 370 F.
– Heat the butter and saute onions and leeks for 2-3 minutes.
– Spice with salt and pepper to taste.
– Beat heavy cream with eggs, spice to taste, add 2/3 of the grated cheese.
– Grease a fire proof form with butter.
– Alternating add layers of potatoes and leek, on top add the heavy cream-mix.
– Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and some butter flakes.
– Bake in oven for about 30 min. It is done when you see a golden colored crust.
photo source: chefkoch.de