The potato leek gratin is an authentic German recipe that you will love. It is very easy to make and you don’t need any special ingredients. Perfect for a dinner. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Potato Leek Gratin
1 kg potatoes
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion
1 cube instant vegetable broth or – How to Make Vegetable Broth –
100 g grated cheese
250 ml heavy cream
salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
Cooking Instructions Potato Leek Gratin
– Peel potatoes, cut in thin slices.
– Make the broth per instructions, cook potatoes for 5 min in broth, drain.
– Chop onion and garlic, slice leek.
– Saute in butter for some minutes, spice with salt and pepper to taste.
– Beat heavy cream with eggs, spice to taste.
– Grease a fire proof form with butter.
– Alternating add layers of potatoes and leek, on top add the heavy cream-mix and some butter flakes.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 370 F for about 30 min. It is done when you see a golden colored crust.
photo source: chefkoch.de