Potato dumplings half and half are called that way because you use raw and cooked potatoes to make them. We call them Kartoffelknoedel halb und halb. In Germany potato dumplings are used as a side dish for meat dishes with gravy such as Goulash, pot roast, Rouladen and pork roast. If you ever wanted to make half and half dumplings, now you can. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Potato Dumplings Half and Half
1 kg potatoes (floury type) – 2.2lb
125 g flour – 1 cup
2 small eggs
1,5 liter water – 1.5qt
Cooking Instructions Potato Dumplings Half and Half
– Peel potatoes and cook half of them.
– Grate remaining potatoes and squeeze them in a kitchen cloth so all liquid gets out.
– Mix raw potatoes with 100g flour.
– Let boiled potatoes cool off a bit then squeeze them through a potato press.
– Add them to raw potatoes and add eggs and salt, mix thoroughly.
– With floury hands make dumplings of diameter 5 cm or 2 inches; rill them a bit in flour.
– Bring salty water to a boil and place dumplings in the pot; reduce heat and let them soak for 20 minutes, don’t bring to a boil.
– Take out with a slotted spoon and keep in a warm bowl before serving.