If you like potatoes and Brussels Sprouts than the Potato Brussels Sprout Puree is a great dish for you.
It is a wonderful side dish for fried meats such as pork, beef, fish or chicken. A very easy German dish. Try it out and let us know how you like it! Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Potato Brussels Sprouts Puree
800 g potatoes such as Russet
40 g almonds, sliced
700 g Brussels sprouts
2 tbsp dried tomatoes in oil (optional)
150 ml milk
40 g butter
60 g Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
fresh pepper, salt to taste
Cooking Instruction Potato Brussels Sprouts Puree
- Peel potatoes, cut in smaller pieces.
- Boil for 25-30 minutes in water with some salt or until soft.
- Roast the almond slices in a pan without any butter or oil.
- Chop the dried tomatoes coarsely.
- Clean and prepare Brussels sprouts; boil them in water with a dash of salt for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain Brussels sprouts, place for 2 seconds in cold water, let cool off, then chop coarsely.
- Add milk, butter and chopped dried tomatoes in a pan; bring to a boil.
- Combine potatoes with milk, puree until smooth.
- Add Brussels Sprouts to mashed potatoes and re-heat it, mix in Parmesan cheese,
- Spice with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and serve hot.