The paprika chicken is an authentic German recipe and a great dinner idea. Find creme fraiche from Altadena or Vermont. Trader Joes has it too. The best is to use the Hungarian paprika spice. The best side dish is rice in our opinion. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Paprika Chicken
4 chicken breast, organic
2 pepper, red, yellow and/or green (it’s your choice!)
2 garlic cloves
1 dry chili pepper (optional)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 creme fraiche – 8oz or 226 g
1 tbsp tomato paste
125 ml vegetable broth, instant
1 tbsp mild ground paprika (sweet)
1 tbsp hot ground paprika
100 g grated cheese
salt to taste
oil to fry
Cooking Instructions Paprika Chicken
– Wash Chicken breast and pat dry.
– Spice with salt and paprika spices.
– Place in a fire proof form next to each other.
– Wash pepper, remove seeds, cut in stripes. Spread over chicken meat.
– Peel onion, cut in half then in rings. peel garlic and chop or use a garlic press.
– Saute in a skillet with some oil, add chili pepper and chopped garlic
– Add ground paprika and tomato paste and broth, bring to a brisk boil.
– Finally add heavy cream and creme fraiche, spice with salt to taste.
– Pour sauce over the chicken and pepper, they should be completely covered.
– grate cheese and sprinkle evenly on top.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 350 F for 30 min.