German Dinner Idea: Paprika chicken – an authentic German recipe if you like chicken. The recipe is using creme fraiche but it can be substituted with heavy cream. As for using the Paprika seasoning, choose the Hungarian spice or the seasoning mix from EDORA. In our opinion rice makes the best side dish. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Paprika Chicken
4 chicken breast, organic
2 pepper, red, yellow and/or green (it’s your choice!)
2 garlic cloves (optional)
1 dry chili pepper (optional)
1/2 cup milk or water
1 creme fraiche – 8oz or 226 g or heavy cream (but no milk/water)
1 tbsp tomato paste
125 ml vegetable broth, instant
1 tbsp mild ground paprika (sweet)
1 tbsp hot ground paprika
salt to taste
optional: grated cheese (parmesan, gouda, etc)
oil to fry
Cooking Instructions Paprika Chicken
– Wash Chicken breast and pat dry.
– Spice with salt and paprika spices.
– Place in a fire proof form next to each other.
– Wash pepper, remove seeds, cut in stripes. Spread over chicken meat.
– Peel onion, cut in half then in rings. peel garlic and chop or use a garlic press.
– Saute in a skillet with some oil, add chili pepper and chopped garlic
– Add ground paprika and tomato paste and broth, bring to a brisk boil.
– Finally add heavy cream and creme fraiche, spice with salt to taste.
– Pour sauce over the chicken and pepper, they should be completely covered.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 350 F for 30 min.
It you like to add cheese, add some grated cheese before the cooking process.
Serve with rice, pasta or boiled potatoes.