Orange Liqueur cookies for Christmas or any other occasion – a German cookie specialty as you can find only in Germany. With this German recipe you can make them wherever you are in your kitchen. Happy Baking!
(makes 40 cookies)
150 g sugar
1 pack. vanilla sugar, 0.3 oz – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
1 dash salt
200 g butter, soft, room temp.
zest of 1 organic orange
1 tbsp orange liqueur
375 g flour
125 g almond flour
4-6 tbsp orange liqueur and powdered sugar
– Beat sugar, butter, salt and vanilla sugar until creamy.
– Grate orange peel but not the white part, add to dough with orange liqueur.
– Mix flour and almonds, add to dough, knead it until it is smooth.
– Form 2 inch thick rolls and wrap them in foil, keep them 2-3 hours in the fridge.
– Cut slices of 3/4 inch (1,5cm) and place them on a baking tray layered with parchment paper.
– Bake in preheated oven on 180 C or 350 F for 12-15 min.
– Brush orange liqueur on the warm cookies, and powder them with a thick layer of powdered sugar.