This Mothers's Day Raspberry cake is not only for this big day. You can make it for birthdays, anniversaries or the holidays. Vary the cake with strawberries if you like. It is the cake for special occasions or just for Sunday's Kaffee and Kuchen Party. Try it out, you will love it; it is a original German recipe. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Mother's Day Raspberry Cake
100 g soft butter
100 g sugar
75 g flour
1 package vanilla pudding Dr. Oetker - How to make Vanilla Pudding -
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
250 ml water
1 package German cake glaze, red (Tortenguss)
2 tbsp sugar
2 cups natural yogurt or raspberry yogurt if it is unsweetened or less sweet (if you take regular sweetened joghurt the cake might get too sweet)
2 Tbsp raspberry jam
1 package gelatin (ground) 0.32oz
300 g heavy cream
100 g whipped cream and raspberries to decorate
Baking Instructions Mother's Day Raspberry Cake
- If you have a heart shaped baking form grease it with butter and place in the fridge. You also can use a normal spring form.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C or 390 F.
- Beat butter until foamy, add one egg after the other.
- Mix flour with pudding powder and add alternating with milk to the dough. Place into form and bake for 15-20 min.
- Make the cake glaze per instructions and add raspberries, mix carefully.
- Cut the base cake horizontally; spread raspberry filling on the lower part. Let cool off a bit.
- Soak gelatin; mix yogurt with jam.
- When gelatin is dissolved add 2-3 tbsp yogurt, then add all gelatin to yogurt cream.
- Beat all heavy cream until firm, keep some for the decoration and fill in a frosting bag and place in fridge.
- Add remaining whipped cream to the raspberry cream.
- Place upper part of base cake onto the lower part and spread with a wide decorating knife the cream all around the cake.
- Decorate the top with whipped cream and raspberries.
Instead of raspberries you also can use strawberries.