These Mocha Meringue cookies are irresistible. They will melt on your tongue. You need only 5 ingredients to make them, that’s all. If you want to surprise your friends and family with something special you must make these them. Happy Baking!
2 egg white, medium size
1 dash salt
100 g sugar
1 tbsp espresso powder instant
100 dark chocolate
– Beat egg white and salt until firm; add bit by bite sugar and beat egg white until sugar is completely dissolved (egg white needs to be shiny).
– Mix espresso powder with some hot water.
– Take one half of the meringue dough and add the espresso to it; fill in a pastry bag with star nozzle and spread little puffs on 2 baking trays layered with baking paper. Do the same with the white meringue dough, if you like Vanilla add some drops of baking vanilla to it.
– Let them dry (not bake) in pre-heated oven for 3-3.5 hours on 100 C or 200 F. Let cool off.
– Chop dark chocolate and melt in double boiler while stirring.
– Take one white meringue puff and dip the flat side into the chocolate and place a brown one against it.
– Place them on baking paper and let them dry.
Keep them at a cool and dry place in a box until Christmas.