The Mixed salad with Schnitzel stripes is a delicious German salad. It can be used as a complete meal or as a cold buffet dish. This combination of a salad and Wiener Schnitzel is just great! The stripes tasted good warm or cold., and are made exactly the same way as a Wiener Schnitzel. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Mixed Salad with Schnitzel Stripes
4 handfuls of mixed greens
1/2 iceberg salad
3 green onions
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 English cucumber – if you like –
3-5 tomatoes depending on the size, cherry tomatoes are great too
3 tbsp sunflower oil and 3 tbsp wine vinegar (red or white)
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt, pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions Mixed Salad with Schnitzel Stripes
Make the Schnitzel per Instructions
– Cut the Schnitzel in thin stripes.
– Set aside.
For the Salad:
– Wash and prepare the salad, cut Iceberg in small pieces if you use unpackaged salad.
– You can peel the cucumber if it is not organic;
– Slice tomatoes.
– Grate the carrots.
– Chop parsley fine.
– Slice green onions and tomatoes.
– Combine all vegetables in a big bowl.
Make the Dressing:
– Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar with lid and shake it very good (that’s the best way to mix dressings by the way).
– Pour the dressing over the salad and mix it.
– Place it on plates and add the Schnitzel stripes.
Schnitzel stripes can be served warm or cold. It’s up to you. I think Schnitzel tastes delicious cold and warm.
This salad has variations. Add other ingredients such as sweet corn, fresh spinach leaves, celery or sprouts different kind of greens (lettuce, romaine etc).