If you don’t know what cake to bake but you are in a baking mood, just use this recipe and make the mini Cherry Streusel cake. It’s an authentic German recipe from FB friend Gisele Myers (picture credit). Happy Baking!
Ingredients Mini Cherry Streusel Cake
125 g flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
70 g sugar
75 g butter, soft
1 package Vanilla sugar (.3oz) – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
1 jar sour cherries
1 tsp Amaretto liquor (optional) or some drops almond flavor
some powdered sugar
– Mix soft butter and all ingredients with a hand mixer on lowest speed to get a streusel dough.
– Layer a spring form of 20cm or 8 inches with parchment paper and press gently half of the dough on the bottom of the form.
– Drain cherries and mix cherries with Amaretto or almond flavor.
– Place cherries on the dough.
– Sprinkle remaining dough on top of cherries and bake in pre-heated oven on 200 C or 390 F for 25 min.
– Remove form and let cool off on a cooling grid.
– Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Tastes great if the cake is still a bit warm! Serve with whipped cream.