If you don’t know what cake to bake but you are in a baking mood, just use this recipe and make the mini Cherry Streusel cake. It’s an authentic German recipe from FB friend Gisele Myers (picture credit). Happy Baking!
125 g flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
70 g sugar
75 g butter, soft
1 package Vanilla sugar (.3oz) – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
1 jar sour cherries
1 tsp Amaretto liquor (optional) or some drops almond flavor
some powdered sugar
– Mix soft butter and all ingredients with a hand mixer on lowest speed to get a streusel dough.
– Layer a spring form of 20cm or 8 inches with parchment paper and press gently half of the dough on the bottom of the form.
– Drain cherries and mix cherries with Amaretto or almond flavor.
– Place cherries on the dough.
– Sprinkle remaining dough on top of cherries and bake in pre-heated oven on 200 C or 390 F for 25 min.
– Remove form and let cool off on a cooling grid.
– Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Tastes great if the cake is still a bit warm! Serve with whipped cream.