Marzipan cookies are excellent Christmas cookies for marzipan lovers. Marzipan is a baking ingredient that is made out of almond paste. For these cookies get if possible the German marzipan or high quality marzipan without coloring or additives.
The German marzipan cookies are easy to make. You will love them! Happy Baking!
Ingredients Marzipan Cookies
(makes about 50 cookies)
200 g baking marzipan
200 g butter, very soft
100 g sugar
4 drops almond flavor (optional)
100 g starch (potato, wheat or Maizena)
200 g flour
1 tbsp baking powder Dr Oetker
dark semi-sweet chocolate
Baking Instructions Marzipan Cookies
– Cut marzipan in small pieces.
– With a hand mixer beat soft butter and sugar until bubbly, add chopped marzipan.
– Mix well, then add the egg, and almond flavor.
– Mix flour with baking powder and starch, sieve to the dough.
– Add to the dough. The dough should be so liquid that you can place it into a decoration bag.
– Pre-Heat oven to 350 F.
– Layer 2 baking trays with baking paper.
– Fill the dough into a decorating bag with a star nozzle (medium size) and make U or S forms, circles or little stars directly onto the tray.
– Bake on 350 F for 10-12 min.
The cookies should not get brown at all, they are very soft after they are done but will get firmer when they had been cooled off. So no worries.
Melt chocolate using double boiler method.
Dip the ends of the cookies into the melted chocolate.