The marble cake Marmorkuchen might be the most popular cake in Germany! We think it is the best German Bundt cake. It is just a classic cake that even children can make. You can use the classic Bundt cake form or a lower German form that makes a cake looking good! This recipe is in American measures! We are sure you will love this. Happy Baking!
1/2 lb butter, soft, at room temperature
1/2 lb sugar
3 medium-large eggs
1 lb all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder (Dr Oetker)
1/4 – 1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
3/4 ounce sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 dash salt
1 tsp vanilla extract or 0.3 oz vanilla sugar (1 package Dr Oetker)
Baking Instructions Marble Cake Marmorkuchen
– Mix soft butter with sugar very well using a hand mixer.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Grease a Bundt cake pan or a German pound cake pan (see below).
– Add vanilla, eggs and salt, mix well.
– Mix baking powder with flour, sieve it to the dough, alternating with milk. Batter should not be too thick. Add the milk only bit by bit.
When you see the dough drops heavily and is ripping apart from a spoon, the dough is good!
– Fill two third of the batter into the greased form (you can sprinkle the form with natural bread crumbs too).
– Mix remaining dough with cocoa and 2 tbsp milk.
– Fill 2/3 of the batter into the greased cake pan.
– Add cocoa dough on top of the light dough and with a fork make spiral movements through the dough. This will create the marble patter.
– Bake for about 60-70 min.
– Let cool off a bit before you remove it from the form.