The German Lamb Green Beans Stew is a local specialty from the North-German region Brandenburg which was former East German territory but became its own province in 1990.
The lamb dish is traditional and is served in local restaurants all over Brandenburg. It is diced lamb with onions, green beans and potatoes. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Lamb Green Beans Stew
1 3/4 lbs fresh lamb
2 medium sized onions
clarified butter to fry the meat
1/2 cup red wine
Pepper, salt to taste
2 cups broth
1 1/8 lb green beans
2-3 potatoes (depending on size)
Cooking Instructions Lamb Green Beans Stew
– Cut lamb into even cubes.
– Slice onions.
– Heat clarified butter in a pan, brown gently the fresh lamb evenly on all sides.
– Extinguish it with red wine; add onions and spices.
– Infuse it with the broth; cover the pan and braise it for 1 hour over medium heat.
– Wash and clean beans; slice them.
– Peel and dice potatoes.
– 20 minutes before the meat has reached desired tenderness, add the sliced beans and diced potatoes to the pot. Cook them until potatoes and beans are soft for about 10-15 minutes.