The Kassler Steak Recipe today is a combination of Kassler meat (smoked pork chops) and green beans. It is a very easy recipe, you just need to get the Kassler. BavariaSausage.com in Wisconsin has this German meat specialty. They smoke the meat in-house and sell it online. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Kassler Steak Recipe
500 g Kasseler steak, cut in cubes - Find Kassler at BavariaSausage.com -
2 smaller onions
1 lb green beans
Bohnenkraut - summer savory to taste
3-4 tbsp sour cream or creme fraiche
1 tbsp butter
salt, pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions Kassler Steak Recipe
- Heat butter, chop onions fine, brown them for some minutes.
- Cut Kassler in cubes, add to onions.
- Prepare green beans, cut off ends, add to the meat.
- Spice to taste.
- Saute until the beans are tender.
- Add creme fraiche or sour cream. Bring to a very brief boil. Serve hot with mashed or boiled potatoes.