Christmas in Germany comes with delicious cookies and cakes. Here is a Christmas cookie recipe that is imitating snow flakes, the Ice crystal cookies. The cookies are shaped like ice crystals or snow flakes. These cookies will be the center piece of attraction on your Christmas table. Happy Baking!
50 g white chocolate
170g soft butter
1 package vanilla sugar (Dr. Oetker)- 0.3oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
1 egg medium size
1 Bitter almond baking oil from Dr Oetker (or similar flavor baking oil)
170 g flour
30 g starch (preferably Gustin from Dr Oetker)
40 g unsweetened grated coconut
1 tbsp water and some silver pearls
– Melt chocolate in doubler-boiler.
– Mix with soft butter by using a mixer until smooth.
– Pour in the sugar, vanilla sugar and the almond baking oil, mix well until you get a smooth dough.
– Mix in the egg and, with the mixer on high level, mix for about 30 seconds.
– Add flour and starch by using a flour sifter, then mix on low level briefly.
– Take 1 tbsp coconut aside, add remaining coconut to the dough.
– Fill the dough in smaller portions into a decorating bag with a star tip.
– Grease a baking tray or use parchment paper (still add some butter onto the surface so the cookies will not stick), and make ice crystals directly onto the tray.
– Sprinkle with coconut.
– Bake them in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees C or 356 F for about 12 minutes.
– Place baked cookies on a cooling rack. Combine water with powdered sugar and use it to make the silver pearls stick on the cookies.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.