This recipe for a Hunterschnitzel with mushroom sauce is from the Swabian region. The meat will be turned only in flour then fried. It’s not the version with the breaded meat. You can also use veal instead of pork. Of course Spatzle are a perfect side dish but French Fries is in my opinion a good choice too. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Hunterschnitzel with Mushroom Sauce
4 pork schnitzel (or veal)
2 tbsp flour
1 medium onion
1 can mushrooms or 400 g fresh (suitable are also chanterelle or Crimini mushrooms)
2 tbsp clarified butter and 2 tbsp butter
200 ml heavy cream
50 ml broth
3 tbsp chives or parsley
salt, pepper to taste
The EDORA Schnitzel seasoning is very suitable for this dish.
Cooking Instructions Hunterschnitzel with Mushroom Sauce
– Pound (tenderize) the meat until it is thin.
– Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Turn each slice in flour.
– Heat the clarified butter and fry the meat until golden brown. Remove from pan.
– Chop onion fine, cut mushrooms in small cube or thin slices. Drain canned mushrooms.
– In the same pan melt butter, add onion and mushrooms and fry for 2 min.
– Cut chive/parsley fine.
– Add broth and heavy cream to the gravy.
– Spice with salt and pepper, add chives/parsley.
– Place the meat slices into the gravy and let them simmer for a short time, so they are hot again.
Serve with salad and Spätzle or French Fries.