50 g baking marzipan
200 g soft butter
150 g brown sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2 tsp Spekulatius spice OR 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp ginger ground, point of knife: nutmeg, cloves
300 g spelt flour Dinkelmehl (Type 603),
100 g ground almonds
1 tbsp starch
2 tbsp milk
– Grate marzipan roughly.
– Mix it in a bowl with butter and sugar, then mix it well until bubbly.
– Add egg, cocoa and spice, mix it. Then add flour and ground almonds, knead fast until you get a smooth dough. Form to a ball.
– Wrap it in plastic foul and place it 1 hour in the fridge.
– Pre-heat oven to 175 C or 350 F; layer a baking tray with parchment paper.
– Roll dough on a floured surface or baking board of size 3-4mm. Sieve starch onto the dough and spread it all over.
– Press the dough into the molds, remove with a knife and place on baking tray.
– Brush the Spekulatius with milk and bake for 15 min.
– Let them cool of on a baking rack.