Looking for a German cake for the holidays? We have the recipe: Holiday Christmas Apple cake - original recipe from Germany. Your family and friends will love it! Happy Baking!
250 g butter, very soft
200 g sugar
0.3 oz vanilla sugar (1 package) - How to make Vanilla Sugar -
250 g flour
0.25 oz baking powder (1/2 package) Dr Oetker
250 g hazelnuts or walnuts, ground
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
3 tbsp dark rum or rum flavor or Use German brandy Asbach Uralt
3 medium sized apples
Baking Instructions Holiday Christmas Apple Cake
- Melt butter but don't let it get warm. Beat until foamy.
- Add slowly sugar and vanilla sugar, eggs one after the other while mixing.
- Mix baking powder with flour, add cinnamon, cocoa and nuts.
- Combine with dough spoon by spoon.
- Peel apples, grate them, with rum let sit for 15 min.
- Combine apples carefully with dough by using a spatula.
- Fill in greased spring form (8 or 10 inches).
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 80 min on 350F (175C).
- Layer top with powdered sugar om cooled off cake.