This holiday apple bread is an authentic recipe and makes a great bread for the holiday season. It contains the spices we like so much: cinnamon and cloves. These spices and apples make a wonderful combination. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Holiday Apple Bread
750 g apples
250 g raisins
150 g hazelnuts, whole
200 g sugar
Each 1 tsp ground cinnamon and cloves
1 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
2 tbsp dark rum or rum flavor
500 g flour, all purpose
0.5 oz baking powder (1 package Dr Oetker)
1 dash salt
Use powdered sugar and lemon juice.
Mix until you get a smooth glaze. Pour over the bread right after it had been removed from the oven.
Instead of using a glaze you can dust the apple bread with powdered sugar.
Baking Instructions Holiday Apple Bread
- Peel apples, remove core, cut into cubes (you also can grate the apples).
- Combine apples, hazelnuts, raisins, sugar, rum and spices in a bowl.
- Let sit over night.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
Add flour, cocoa, and salt to the apple mix.
- Knead until you get a dough.
- Grease a longer bread pan, fill in dough, or fill 2 smaller bread pans. Or form 2 loafs.
- Bake for 50-60 min on 180 C or 350 F.
Note: The German bread pan used for this recipe is 13.78 inches long.