This holiday apple bread is an authentic recipe and makes a great bread for the holidays. It contains the spices we like so much: cinnamon and cloves. A wonderful combination with apples. Happy Baking!
750 g apples
250 g raisins
150 g hazelnuts, whole
200 g sugar
Each 1 tsp cinnamon, ground cloves
1 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
2 tbsp dark rum or rum flavor
500 g flour
0.5 oz baking powder (1 package Dr Oetker)
1 dash salt
Glaze: Powdered sugar and lemon juice.
Mix until you get a smooth glaze. Pour over bread right after it is out of the oven.
Baking Instructions Holiday Apple Bread
- Peel apples, remove core, cut into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients but DONT INCLUDE flour, baking powder, salt. Mix well. Let sit over night.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt, add to the ingredients. Knead until you get a dough.
- Grease a longer bread pan, fill in dough, or fill 2 smaller bread pans.
- Bake for 50-60 min on 180 C or 350 F.
Note: The German bread pan is 13.78 inches long.