Need some creepy Halloween party food? You found a good one today: The Halloween Cut Off Finger Cookies. They look so real! This is an authentic German recipe that you will love. Happy Baking and Halloween!
125 g butter (soft), 2 sticks
125 g sugar – 4.4oz
1 tsp lemon zest (organic lemon)
1 dash salt
2 egg yolks
250 g flour – 2 cups
almonds (peeled and sliced)
– Knead butter, sugar and salt.
– Add egg yolk and lemon peel and knead again.
– Finally add flour, knead well.
– Place wrapped dough in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
– Make fingers out of the dough, all of the same size. With the back of a teaspoon make the fingertip and place a sliced almond which represents the finger nail.
– With a knife cut some folds for the limbs.
– Bake them on 330 F for about 10 min until the fingers have a golden color.