The German Cherry Hazelnut Cake is made without grain flour therefor it is GLUTENFREE. You will like this flourless German cake as it is very easy to bake. You basically mix all the ingredients and that’s it. The sour cherries can be found at Aldi or Trader Joes. Some international stores carry them as well. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Gluten Free German Cherry Hazelnut Cake
500 g sour cherries
150 g soft butter
150 g sugar
100 g dark chocolate unsweetened
200 g ground hazelnuts or alternatively almonds
1 tbsp sugar
gluten free bread crumbs (optional)
Baking Instructions Gluten Free German Cherry Hazelnut Cake
– If you use cherries from a jar drain them.
– Remove stems and pits from fresh cherries.
– Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Separate eggs.
– Grate chocolate (Tip: place chocolate for about 30 min into freezer).
– Beat egg white until firm.
– Add egg yolk to dough, mix chocolate with hazelnuts and add to dough.
– Finally add carefully firm egg white.
– Grease a spring form (10 inches) and sprinkle it with gluten free bread crumbs or layer it with parchment paper.
– Pour dough into the form and press cherries evenly into the dough.
– Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 350 F
– Bake the cake for about 70 minutes on lower level. Do the test with a tooth pick to see if cake is done. After baking time let cake in the turned off oven for another 10 minutes.
– Place on baking grid and dust with powdered sugar.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!