German Vanilla Cones are classic Christmas cookies. They are very easy to make and you don’t need special ingredients. This is my favorite amongst all the German Christmas cookies, and the best were from my aunt. They were soft and sweet; the smell of vanilla was in the air… Happy Baking.
Ingredients (20-30 pieces) German Vanilla Cones
180 g flour
0.3 oz – 1 package vanilla sugar (Dr. Oetker) – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
200 unsalted butter
50 g sugar
200 g ground almonds
Baking Instructions German Vanilla Cones
– On a baking board mix all ingredients and knead them until you have a firm dough.
– Wrap the dough in aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge for 30 min – 1 hour.
– Take it out of the fridge and divide the dough in multiple rolls of 1 inch diameter.
– Cut of little pieces of each roll and roll them by hand into a U-shaped form.
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Place the Cones on a baking tray (laid out with parchment paper) and bake them for about 10-15 minutes.
– Take them out and roll them in a mix of vanilla sugar and powdered sugar, you can add a bit of cinnamon to give it a nice flavor.
Don’t make them too big. Less dough, the better they will be.