When tomatoes are ripe in abundance, what do you do with them? One dish is to make a German Tomato Soup. It’s a simple soup without any fancy ingredients. Just basic. The best tomato soup ever! Happy Cooking!
1 kg ripe tomatoes
2 small onions
3 garlic cloves
3/4 liter vegetable broth
salt, white pepper to taste
thyme, dry, to taste
3 tsp tomato paste
fresh parsley or basil to taste
– Peel tomatoes: carve a cross hatched line on the bottom side of the tomatoes, place in a big bow. Pout boiling water over them. Leave tomatoes in the water for 10 min. Now with a knife peel the skin.
– Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
– Peel onions and chop fine, press garlic through a garlic press.
– Heat olive oil and saute onions and garlic for 3 min, add tomatoes.
– After 3 min add broth and spices.
– Let simmer on low heat for 20 min.
– Add tomato paste and with a stick mixer puree the soup.
– Spice if necessary and serve with chopped parsley or basil.