The German style Fried potatoes, or “Bratkartoffeln” in German, are the best indeed. And this dish is so easy to make. The German style fried potatoes are be the ideal side dish for Bratwurst or Wiener Schnitzel, or be a main dish with a nice lettuce salad and a homemade dressing.
And don’t forget to serve them with fried Leberkaese (meatloaf)! Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Style Fried Potatoes
1 kg potatoes
1 cup cooked ham cubes
1 small onion
salt, pepper, fresh grated nutmeg to taste
1-2 tbsp clarified butter
Cooking Instructions German Style Fried Potatoes
– Boil potatoes the day before and keep them in the fridge.
– Peel potatoes and slices them thin.
– Chop onion fine.
– Melt butter with some olive oil in a non-sticking skillet, then saute onions until transparent, add ham cubes.
– Saute for 1 minute, then add sliced potatoes.
– Add spices as needed. Stir carefully, don’t mash potatoes.
– Turn them several times until they are slightly brown on all sides and crunchy.
– Serve them with lettuce.