The German Style bread baked in cast iron form is very easy to make, you just need a cast iron pot or a Dutch oven. Such a pot can also be used for other dishes such as pot roasts. We got the recipe from one of our Facebook followers and say a big Thank you for that proven German recipe. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Style Bread Baked in Cast Iron Form
3 cups flour, all purpose
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon rapid rise yeast
1 1/2 cups water
Baking Instructions German Style Bread Baked in Cast Iron Form
– Mix all ingredients till shaggy dough forms, cover with plastic and let sit 12-18 hours or overnight at a warm place..
– Heat oven to 450 F, after the oven has reached 450 place cast iron pot in oven and heat for 30 minutes.
– Meanwhile pour dough on a heavily floured surface (baking board) and shape into ball, let rest while pot is heating in oven.
– Remove pot from oven, drop in dough, cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes.
– After 30 minutes remove lid and bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes.
– Place on rack and let cool off.