The German Spritzgebaeck cookies are traditional Christmas cookies in Germany. You don’t need special ingredients so this recipe is ideal for the last minute Christmas baking. Happy Baking!
(about 65 pieces)
200 g powdered sugar
400 g soft butter
4 tbsp milk
2 eggs, medium size
2 packages vanilla sugar 0.6 oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
1 dash salt
500 g flour
150 g dark chocolate
10 g shortening
sugar pearls for decoration
– Beat powdered sugar and butter until creamy; add eggs, milk, vanilla sugar and salt and mix well.
– Sieve flour and add to dough.
– You can make 2 different cookies:
Half of the dough is for rings, the other half are shaped like a Christmas tree.
– Place half of the dough in a pastry bag with big star nozzle.
– Layer a baking tray with baking paper and squeeze about 40 rings directly onto the paper.
– Bake them in pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes on 200 C or 375 F.
Variation with Chocolate
– Chop chocolate, add shortening and melt in double boiler.
– Dip rings into chocolate 1/3 of the size. Let them dry on baking paper.
Variation with Trees
– To make the trees fill dough in a pastry bag with a big star nozzle and make about 25 trees directly on baking paper.
– Sprinkle them with the sugar pearls.
– Bake them for 10-12 minutes on 200 C or 375 F.